Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New Paintings

I'm thinking about some painting ideas and I seem to have been a little burned out from the last painting. I'm sure some of you who paint go through this from time to time. Sometimes I go and find a diversion which currently is guitar playing for me and writing songs, however, I'm trying to learn music theory and it's been difficult. I don't seem to have that kind of brain. BUT, I'm not giving up.....which is what I tell my painting students! When you learn how to play new chords that are difficult, they say to play them slowly at first and not rush into it....then it begins to come naturally. And believe it or not that works. I guess it could be good advice for a lot of things. Music is so beautiful though and complicated at the same time.........I do think it will help my painting process in the long run because I do love to paint to music....and just knowing how to play it inspires me even more. Don't hesitate to pick up a new hobby at any age.....it expands your mind and helps with living a full life!

No comments:

Post a Comment