Wednesday, May 16, 2012

First Place for "Roots"

Well, I'm very excited that I finally won a first place prize at Susan Murphy's ARThouse Gallery.  It came completely by surprise, and I wasn't expecting to win anything at all for that matter.  All I know is that I thoroughly enjoyed painting this picture and I come to realize that that shows through in your work no matter what you do!  Sometimes you look at a painting too much and you can't see why someone else likes it....that's probably the case here.  Another realization is to put it away for awhile and look at it with fresh eyes.....really helps a lot!  Brenda Kidera was the juror for the exhibition and I looked at her website and enjoyed her paintings very much.  I see some similarities in her painting style with mine....could be why she chose my painting because there were SO many good ones at the show.  I know she had a hard time choosing one.  Well, I'm very humbled and grateful for the award.....I look forward to working even harder....this gives me the incentive!!!  I'm going to try to post her comments and the other painting....I'm not so good on the computer but will give it a try.

1 comment:

  1. I entered Susan's blog above if you're interested in seeing the other work plus the juror's comments.

    ReplyDelete