Thursday, April 24, 2014

METAL ON BIRD FEEDER

The metal part of the feeder has all the colors in it the we used for the bird.  It's metal, so it is reflecting all those colors.  I painted the metal wet on wet and only wetting that outer part....taking it in sections, since there are some light areas I want to protect.  I chose not to mask out anything.  You don't want to paint the white edges on the left...keep that white, although there is some color in it.  I can't really tell you how to paint this, but the colors I used were .....for the dark, ultramarine and maroon perylene (more on the blue side), the green which is sap and maroon again, and I used alizarin for the red reflection. There is a reflection of the perch in there that I later scrubbed out and when dry, I painted some cobalt into it. There is a very bright highlight next to the bird that I didn't wet in the beginning....keep that white.  After I initially did my wet into wet wash, I let it dry and deeper color where it needed it.  Then painted the rest in.

No comments:

Post a Comment